Marijuana Stimulates Brain Cell Growth. No bullshit.

Marijuana Stimulates Brain Cell GrowthNow I’m not suggesting anyone smoke or get high, but the Oil of Rick Simpson and Gold of David Hudson, when added together, should cure damn near anything. Taken orally, slowly over months the side effects are nominal. We can talk about it at length but we can’t go to the store and buy it. Meanwhile, Mom is Stage4 renal carcinomas in her lymphatic system and they discovered a tumor in her frontal lobe. She says, “Ho ho My days of getting high were over in my early twenties” (Well I know that to be a white lie.) She doesn’t study the media I send. If she did she would remark on this. Gauntlet thrown. She has survived THREE botched surgeries, one of which paralyzed her right lung a few weeks ago as the nerve to the diaphragm was cut unintentionally. Before that she was a spry as a 25 yr old. Now she is bound to equipment and rarely leaves the house, but I digress…

Marijuana kills cancer and stimulates brain cell growth. We’ve been waging a war on cancer from the shadows for 70+ years? Well I tend to think the knowledge is intrinsic and throughout history someone has always kept the plant for that very reason. Well, before the Univ of Saskatchewan broke ground. The gold+oil will not be returned to us willingly.

Below is from the video’s description:

A study at the University of Saskatchewan in Canada proves that Marijuana actually stimulates brain cell growth.

THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) stimulates cell growth in regions of the brain associated with anxiety and depression, pointing the way for new treatments for these diseases, according to University of Saskatchewan medical research published today in The Journal of Clinical Investigation.

Xia Zhang, an associate professor in the U of S neuropsychiatry research unit, led the team that tested the effects of THC, the compound responsible for the high experienced by recreational users.

The team found that rats treated with THC on a regular basis showed neurogenesis — the growth of new brain cells in the hippocampus. This region of the brain is associated with learning and memory, as well as anxiety and depression.

The effect is the opposite of most legal and illicit drugs such as alcohol, nicotine, heroin, and cocaine.

“Most ‘drugs of abuse suppress neurogenesis,” Zhang says. “Only marijuana promotes neurogenesis.”

Current theory states that depression may be sparked when too few new brain cells are grown in the hippocampus. It is unclear whether anxiety is part of this process, but if true, THC could offer a treatment for both mood disorders by stimulating the growth of new brain cells.

“This is a very potent cannabinoid oil,” Zhang says. “It’s not something that would be available on the street.”

Marijuana has been used for recreational and medicinal purposes for centuries, evoking public interest and controversy along the way. As a medicine, the plant is used to ease pain in multiple sclerosis patients, combat nausea in cancer patients, and stimulate appetite in people afflicted with AIDS. It has also been used to treat epilepsy and stroke.

Zhang’s work is the latest product of the U of S Neural Systems and Plasticity Research Group, a multidisciplinary effort by researchers from the Colleges of Arts and Science, Engineering, Kinesiology, Medicine, Pharmacy and Nutrition, and Veterinary Medicine. The group collaborates to study the function of neural systems, from nerves to brain, in living organisms. In particular, they look at how these systems change over time with experience.

Zhang’s research is supported by a grant from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), as well as a CIHR New Investigator Award. The Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation provided funding support to establish the Neural Systems and Plasticity Research Group, as well as post-doctoral fellowship awards to research team members Wen Jiang and Shao-Ping Ji.

15 comments for “Marijuana Stimulates Brain Cell Growth. No bullshit.

1. Anonymous
    May 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Why has this not hit the news? Why is the media still trying to persuade people that marijuana kills braincells? What’s going on here? Get this stuff out there. The public should know what’s going on and NOT be stuck believing the propaganda that is put out there by our oh so reliable source, the media.

2. 42016yroldsmoker
    July 29, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Yess!!! And sucess!! Haha I love finding proof like this. Smoke on buddy

3. Linda
    September 7, 2011 at 1:04 PM

I am a person with several health problems, therefore I go to a pain clinic. When I first started going there, I was told that if I was taking any form of Marijuana, I either had to stop taking it, or they would not accept me as a patient.

4. September 18, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Good points

5. September 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Furrealz? That’s mravoelulsy good to know.

6. teresa gautier
    January 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I really do believe marijuana kills cancer. Use to if somebody said this to me I would think they are crazy but it really is true. My husband was diagonised with lymphomia lukemia and they only gave him 3 months to live. He went thru so much chemotherapy radiation they didn’t expect him to live. He was bald even down to his eyelashes and had sores inside his mouth and butt that went all thru his organs. I know this is disguisting to read but its just the tip of the ice burg as far as the pain and sores he went thru. He was hooked to a morphine drip and prescribed thc in pill form, the doctors finally told him he needed to smoke the real thing. He started smoking and within 6 months he was completly cured. The doctor said he wouldn’t have kids because of chemotherapy but 5 years into remission we’ve got 3 healthy little boys. I really do believe in pot!!! Get the good stuff, its worth it!! Thanks marajuana for saving my hubby!!!!!!

7. jonathan
    April 3, 2012 at 2:21 PM

i smoke weed so im for it but i heard in another website that this was only with synthetic thc and with natural thc nothing happened so if anybody has some info on that it would help although im still going to smoke

8. Patrick
    September 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

To Jonathan: the synthetic thc pill, known as marinol, is formed of the same chemical compound found in natural thc, but you must remember that this is a synthetic drug, and like all synthetic drugs, there’s consequences, Rick Simpson used real cannabis as the basis for his oil, the best advice as a med student is that natural wholistic medicine is far better than synthetics, when things are man made, there is always someone at the top of big pharma who’s real purpose is to play down natural medicine in order to keep making a profit. Non thc example, my cousin and I grew up with asthma, in the u.s. they just gave us inhalers, spent a ton of money on that, we went to Mexico and seeked treatment, we have been asthma free since 2006. Know about corporations and their greed.

9. Lupe
    April 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I hope that those of you that read this blog have not taken it to heart because I do not allow others to tell me what to think I decided to research the red highlighted areas in the blog. I found the following: There is such a person named Xia Zhang and he did do research on a synthetic form of THC and the findings were that it helps to alleviate symptoms of anxiety and depression, nothing to do with cancer people. Here is the link to where it says what the findings showed and how it was in the media (Patrick). http://www.usask.ca/research/news/read.php?id=28
    By the way Patrick I believe the blog mentioned Rick Simpson as a name for a type of marijuana that was not the name of any researcher.
    I do not discredit the claims of Teresa because God is very powerful and many things can happen but for there to be more proof there has to be more research on it.

10. Ali
    July 8, 2013 at 6:42 AM

teresa gautier, that is amazing news it should be on tv let the world know YouTube it that’s just amazing …. Wish you all the best!

11. Josh
    September 8, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Lupe: That’s because Xia Zang didn’t take into account cancer in his NUEROLOGY study. There are studies that have been done that show how chemicals in cannabis make a cancerous tumor retreat. Deities have no value in science my friend.

12. April 27, 2015 at 8:44 AM

And why would we not want our children to have this amazing non toxic plant? The Missouri Cannabis Restoration And Protection Act 2016-013 if passed will leave that option up to the parents to decide! #MCRPA